Health through nutrition: food products and foods enriched with antioxidants
Analysis, Assay, Composition, Identification of the antioxidant matrices and molecules present in food products, Evaluation of the Total Antioxidant Power of liquids and solids, Help in the composition of processed food products and foods enriched with antioxidants, Tests and clinical trials on health by nutrition
What do berries, a beautiful orange carrot soup, recommended health foods, red wine and chocolate have in common?
All of them contain or are enriched with antioxidants.
This family of molecules which acts on the taste and against the aesthetic deterioration of food, and is endowed with coloring powers, makes it possible to fight against oxidative stress and free radicals, (aging factors and certain diseases), or contributes to the balance of health by providing missing elements in the diet.
Antioxidants are found in some foods and can prevent some of the damage caused by free radicals by neutralizing them. These include nutrient antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E.
For example, the rich content of antioxidants in red wine gives it many virtues and helps prevent cardiovascular disease. Unlike white wine and rosé, red wine (red fruits) are the products with the best total antioxidant power. this, can be explained by the high concentration of polyphenols (anthocyanins). Wines made from thick-skinned (traditionally made) grapes, such as Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon, have much higher levels of antioxidants than other red wines.
A diet rich in antioxidants can reduce the risk of many conditions, including heart disease and certain cancers. Antioxidants scavenge free radicals in body cells and prevent or reduce damage caused by oxidation.
Faced with consumer enthusiasm for these substances, many manufacturers do not hesitate to use antioxidants as a major sales argument. However, to date, there is no regulatory framework that requires manufacturers to communicate the exact amount of antioxidant present in their products.
Finally, you should know that until now no reliable method or standard existed to compare the real concentration of antioxidants in different products.
The IEA brings all of its expertise and experience in antioxidants to help players in the agrifood industry to improve their food products or to develop new foods with precise and proven antioxidant properties.
From the specifications, to the recommendation of antioxidant molecules, from the first laboratory tests to the industrialization phase, we provide the expertise and experience necessary to boost the efficiency of your development process for your enriched food products. in antioxidants.
We can in particular:
- Provide aid composition nutraceuticals.
- Analyze the antioxidant power of food products (solids, liquids, plants) with, if necessary, a specific method.
- Provide support on the development of an argument for your organic foods or products (bibliographic studies, patents, etc.).
- Carry out studies on the bioavailability of antioxidants present in your food and organic products (liquids, solids).
- Carry out clinical, physico-chemical or cellular studies of health through nutrition.
The measurement of antioxidant activity using in vitro assays is essential in the evaluation of food and nutritional products to determine their antioxidant benefits.
As a result, the IEA Analysis Platform can help you:
- justify, with an indisputable benchmark, the statements of antioxidant concentration in food products (e.g. red wines)
- optimize the dose of antioxidants during the extraction or development of a medicinal product (efficiency, cost of ingredients)
- carry out quality control of food and nutrition products
- objectively classify the different matrices of food products by their antioxidant power (effectiveness in combating oxidative stress)
- study the effectiveness of the antioxidant active ingredients and their bioavailability (taking into account a complementary in vivo study) after absorption of the food product or the food
- certify and communicate the antioxidant power of the food product thanks to the PAOT® label printable on the product packaging
The IEA is recruiting...
We are constantly looking for new collaborators to participate in the development of the company.