To know the bioavailability of your active ingredients (antioxidants) in your different matrices or understand their absorption kinetics through biological barriers to reach the bloodstream
The IEA offers you to promote your cosmetic, nutraceutical, food and nutritional products to your customers, if you wish to:
- Use mention claims (health, nutrition) on your packaging
- Highlight the antioxidant properties of your products on the market
- Evaluate and validate the effectiveness of the antioxidant properties of your products
If you want to know the bioavailability of your active ingredients (Antioxidants) in your different matrices or understand their absorption kinetics through biological barriers to reach the blood circulation, the IEA provides you with various tools such as the CACO cell model -2 (EX VIVO).
The tools developed within the IEA (in vitro, ex vivo) make it possible to predict the absorption and behavior of active ingredients (antioxidants) in vivo.
The IEA laboratory is able to offer antioxidant bioavailability analysis services for:
- food industry
- pharmaceutics and nutraceutics
Bioavailability is defined as the ability of a vectorized active molecule to be assimilated by the human organism. The vectorization can be done by oral, cutaneous or parenteral (puncture) route. The objective of vectorization is to fight against oxidative stress.
Simplified description of the measurement protocol:
- Bioavailability is measured over time (it’s a matter of kinetics): we measure the concentrations of molecules released in the body.
- Measurement takes more than 7 to 12 hours.
- We compare the different measurements with a zero basal state (eg: untreated skin area, before ingestion) and also with a placebo.
- We calculate the bio-efficiency using the index PAOT = PAOT (t) – PAOT (0) / PAOT (0) * 100
This procedure and the calculation of the PAOT® index make it possible to compare the products with each other: it involves to comparing Gaussian distributions (Amplitude, Peak, Area under the curve for 2 sigmas, Average, Standard deviation).
The IEA is recruiting...
We are constantly looking for new collaborators to participate in the development of the company.