Services offered by the European Institute of Antioxidants
The IEA analysis laboratory makes all its expertise and experience in antioxidants available to the cosmetics, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and food industry, through a full range of services, studies and consulting to support them in their R&D process
Learn more about our different services
The IEA analysis center has, in its laboratory, recognized expertise in measuring antioxidant power. The activity of the IEA laboratory consists in promoting its know-how in terms of characterizing the antioxidant potential of molecules or preparations through:
- The establishment of a bunch of analysis, expertise and consulting services
- The development of a new assay method and a new PAOT® indicator compatible with existing analysis methods
The expertise developed by the IEA platform differs from the methods generally used in that field :
- Unified analysis technology bringing together all existing methods with the development of a new PAOT® indicator (approval undergoing)
- Expertise in the field of antioxidant activity assay
- Consulting in cosmetic and nutraceutical formulation with the constitution of a database of antioxidant molecules
The IEA platform aims to determine the antioxidant profile of a preparation, to characterize new antioxidant molecules with a view to potential applications, as well as to recommend molecules suitable for the formulation of a product from a base of data:
- There are many methods for determining the antioxidant activity of cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food preparations. The IEA platform offers you a pool of methods for evaluating the antioxidant potential that are mastered and currently recognized (DPPH, TEAC / ABTS, ORAC, FRAP, TRAP, TOSC, CL, PCL, etc.), supplemented by new innovative and patented methods.
- Assay, characterization and identification of new molecules exhibiting antioxidant activity by UV-visible spectroscopy (global polyphenols (Folin-Ciocalteu), flavonoids (aluminum trichloride), specific polyphenolic markers (HPLC-MS)).
Other possible services
The expertise acquired these last years in the field of antioxidants allows us to make available to our customers:
- An aid in the formulation of products for the oral route or for cosmetics.
- An analysis of the antioxidant power of the products formulated with, if needed, a specific method.
- Support for the definition of marketing arguments (bibliographic studies, patents, etc.).
- Bioavailability studies.
- Clinical, physicochemical or cellular studies, for example with the determination of the passage of molecules through biological barriers as well as the evaluation of cytotoxicity and antibacterial and / or anti-inflammatory activities.
The IEA is recruiting...
We are constantly looking for new collaborators to participate in the development of the company.