The IEA (European Institute of Antioxidants) is an analysis, expertise and consulting platform specialized in antioxidants and oxidative stress.
The expertise of the IEA is based on those of its national and international experts.
The expertise of the IEA is the result of studies carried out over the past ten years on the antioxidant activity of molecules.
The antioxidant potential can be determined using various methods:
- the absorption capacity of free radicals (ORAC), ferric ions antioxidant reducing power (FRAP)
- antioxidant capacity in Trolox (TEAC), DPPH (2,2-Diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl), ABTS (2,2′-azino-bis 3-ethylbenzothiazoline-6-sulphonic acid) equivalent and oxidative cleavage of DNA
- xanthine oxidase inhibition can be added
Since 2007, a research collaboration has been established with the Federal University of VICOSA (Brazil) on the extraction, purification and functionalization of antioxidant molecules with high added value.
The research work of the IEA aims to develop technologies that can be used for various antioxidant-based applications, namely:
- Optimization of the production process (extraction) of a bioactive substance for food use: determination and choice of optimal extraction conditions in order to guarantee the best rate of antioxidant activity
- Study of the efficacy of pharmaceutical preparations based on antioxidant molecules and optimization of the formulation
- Development and assay of new cosmetic creams: formulation optimization, stability monitoring, comparative evaluation of various products, etc.
- Development of new formulations and new antioxidant additives
- Assessment of the compatibility of the various antioxidant components in a mixture when designing fortified or flavored drinks or mineral waters
The European Institute of Antioxidants also intervenes upstream, at the time of the formulation of the products under development. The IEA seeks to understand the relationship between the process applied and the biological activity of the antioxidant molecules that are used.
Thus, from research to production, the expertise of IEA scientists supports manufacturers in the antioxidant valuation of their matrices (food and beverages, cosmetic products, biological samples).
Our researchers rely on a database of some 4,000 molecules with proven antioxidant activity, a perfect knowledge of the regulatory framework specific to each field of application, a perpetual technological watch and a systematic analysis of the strategies of the main competitors.
In collaboration with the biomolecules engineering laboratory (LIBio, University of Lorraine).
The IEA is recruiting...
We are constantly looking for new collaborators to participate in the development of the company.